Friday 10 October 2014

Musicals

Hiya Chummies! As I sit here in my free period, I wonder what I can share my 'knowledge' with you about. I have got so many drafts on my account I don't know what a post is and what a post isn't. So, I am going to delete all my drafts and become organised! Here is a post for you on Musicals. Some of you who know me in person know that I looove acting, singing and dance. That is basically saying I love Musicals, musicals and musicals. I have gone to a fair amount of musicals in my time so I am going to share some of them with you! I did a post like this but for books. Here we go!
( This isn't in any order)

Billy Elliot!
I went to see Billy Elliot when I was.... 10 and it was so fun although I didn't understand some parts. The obvious story line is about a boy who likes being different and doing ballet, he wants to be a professional ballerina but his family won't except that. Although, there is a lot more to it that only older people will understand. The fact is, at the time there are really bad riots going on and his family get deeply involved. They have barely any money and they don't have enough to 'waste' on Billy's extra-curricular. This is a beautiful story of love, family and doing what is right. There are amazing dance numbers and heavily layered harmonized songs. I recommend this show 11/12-up. There is a  confusing political side to it and some rude language. Thoroughly entertaining and heart-warming. Here is the trailer.
Oliver!
I went to see Oliver when I was..... I have a confession guys.... I have never actually seen Oliver. BUT! Never fear, I have been in the play 3 times so I know what I am talking about. Oliver! Is such a popular story, written by Charles Dickens. It was written aggges ago but is still ridiculously popular! ( like Mean Girls...). There is infinite books, plays and movies of the story. It is the story of a boy at an orphanage who breaks some rules and gets kicked out. He meets a gang of boys who pick pocket and finds his true friends. It is a heart-warming and loveable story! I recommend this for people from 3-oldies. It is perfect for families, Perfect for everyone! This is the trailer.

Matilda!
I saw Matilda twice when I was 10.. again. I actually saw it in the same theatre with the same people! Matilda is the story of a young girl who is really clever but has a stupid family. She goes to school and falls in love with learning. She meets a teacher called Miss Honey who is the only person who understands her. Matilda soon discovers she has magic powers! Here is the trailer.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
This is the story of a teenage boy with autism. He finds his neighbour's dog dead in the garden with a pitchfork sticking out of it. He tries to find the murderer and goes on a journey. It is hard to write about this show, so watch the trailer
This is all I have for today guys!
Hola ( liking the new goodbye? I'm not quite sure yet...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric