Sunday 20 April 2014

Audition Advice







































Hiya chummies,
Today I'm doing a slightly different post. I'm gonna be doing a post on..... Audition tips! I do auditions a lot and not any more, but I used to get really stressed before auditions. However, from experience I have learned many ways of dealing with stress and anxiety.

1. Drink water
I know it may seem obvious, but as you all may well know, water gives you relief, calms you down a little bit, but what I find with drinking water before going into an audition is that I don't want to be running my lines the whole time as I would get to familiar and probably mess up or something ( also, if you know them off by heart, you can't really get any better) so drinking water gives me something to do.

2. Looking around
I know it may sound weird but casting agencies are always behind schedule so I find a really great time passer ( or something to keep your mind off your audition) is looking around at all the other girls or boys and guessing a) wether they'd ever been in anything b) what kind of thing they'd been in c) how many auditions are jobs they had had. You know, there is so much you can tell from a person by just looking at them, if you look hard enough.

3. Waiting back
As I said earlier on, you can never trust casting agencies to stick to their timetable so what I always like, is to stay in the car or go to a cafe for a bit before you go on to wait for your turn as a) you can make as much noise as you want b) you can talk to your  parent/ whoever is taking you there about anything you want and you don't have to feel really self conscious as you're around competition.

4. Not making a big deal
When you go back to school/ uni the next day then one of the worst things you could do is to go blabbing about how you did an audition for blah blah blah and stuff and then everyone will get really excited about it. And it's all good while it lasts until you have waited a few weeks until you figure that you haven't got it. If they people you told don't do auditions, then they. Won't really understand the whole process if things and how many people try and what the casting people are looking for. They will probably just think that you didn't do well enough. Although YOU DID. Your agent wouldn't out you up for something unless he/she thought you were definitely a good enough actor. Casting agencies only say no of you don't like right. If your too tall, too short, wrong hair or eye colour, you don't match the actor who is playing the older or younger you or you don't fit in with the family. It is nothing to do with your acting capability.

Hope this helped!! X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric